Leanne is here this weekend making an appearance (yea!) so we went to lunch on Saturday with the whole gang. Over our lunch discussions she said she thought that I should post/pin the gift that I made her kids for Christmas this year. I am actually a little surprised that I haven't yet, because I am quite proud of them. So, here they are.....
Somehow I ended up without a picture of Marci's, not sure how that happened.... so you can see hers in the top left of this final pic. They were so fun to make, they hardest part was deciding on a theme for each kid. Marci was easy, her room is a beach theme and you don't get much more California girl than her. Garrett's I messed with for a long time trying to incorporate the actual instruments he plays into his. That got to be too much and I didn't like any of the designs, so I just did a basic staff. Chloe I tossed back and forth between singing and soccer... soccer won. Liam and grant, the hardest part was deciding who got guns and who got motorcycles, either way would have worked. Charly was easy, cute and pink, just like her. I got the idea for these from here, but you can see that mine ended up pretty much nothing like hers. But I love them just the same.
Another random thing. I have decided I am over cooking. Not too shocking really. I do really well for a while and will cook everything and I'm so domestic it's crazy. Then I am over it for a while. I'm currently in the 'over it' stage. So here is my new solution. CROCK POT! For the next week I am going to make every dinner in the crock pot in the morning, dish it up at night. Easy peasy right? Roz lent me a crock pot cooking magazine and some of the recipes look great. I'll let you know how it goes!
Random # 3. If you haven't yet, you must check out www.worldbooknight.org It's program running in April to deliver 1 million books to non-readers throughout the nation. Check it out! Sign up to be a deliverer!
Random #4. Also book related, if you don't yet use the website GoodReads you probably ought to check that out also. Sign up for the 2012 reading challenge (I have set my goal for at least 12 books this year...) then friend me so I can see what you are reading!
That's about all the randomness I have in me for now. Later!
Potato Salad
16 years ago





1 comment:
Hey there:). I just finished getting caught up with your blogs - you're doing a great job. The first photo I've seen of sweet Luke walking are here:). I love your reorganized pantry, too. Inspired, I am...we'll see how far it goes:). AND...what are the presents made out of? Very cute, but I need more information.
thanks!
Post a Comment