Friday, January 6, 2012

Holy Heart Attack Batman

So there I was, finally removing the long past expired juice from the back of the fridge while my darling baby Luke was playing behind me. Or so I thought. I turn around, after a MAXIMUM of 90 seconds and the kid was gone. I hear Alex playing in his new favorite spot at the top of the stairs, so my heart skips a beat and I RUN for the stairs. Oh sweet relief, Luke isn't on them. I look all over the house, can't find him anywhere! So I walk over to where Alex is still playing on the stairs and ask him if he knows where Luke is. He answers "He's up here playing in his room."
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Not only did he climb all the way up my stairs (for those of you that haven't been here or don't remember, there are 21 stairs on this particular flight and they are old farmhouse steep. And they have no railing. And I fell down them 3 days ago,) but he did it in under 2 minutes. So once normal breathing resumed I did what any good mother would do.... got the camera, brought him downstairs and took pictures while he did it again.


Ps. how much do we love his camo boots?!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Ha ha ha! That's awesome! :)

Sandy K. said...

Oh my gosh! I actually love the fact that Alex was so matter-of-fact about telling you where he was - like "duh, Mom!" You have some independent young men, don't you?! Are YOU okay? Fell down the stairs?