Friday, January 20, 2012

2012 Julia

For those of you that don't live here in good old Idaho Falls, you probably have not yet heard me chanting my new mantra. I should probably actually say mantras as it changes from day to day, but the purpose is always the same. This is the year I am better. Better at everything, including but not limited to: more organized, better mother, better wife, healthier, more fit, blog more, craft more, read more etc. etc... I know, overwhelming right? Nope, 'cuz in the spirit of being more organized, I have a plan! Jeff and I both (his might have been a little bit against his will) typed up New Years Resolutions addressing everything we wanted to fix/improve/begin this year. Then they got filed in my new "family binder" that organizes all the stuff that used to collect on my counter tops. Fancy right? So I have decided that you guys get to take this journey with me. Starting with the 52 week organization challenge. For those of you that have not seen the pin on Pinterest I have started this challenge: http://tinyurl.com/6m7lpv4  This week was 'pantry.' Oh man did I need this one! Don't believe me? Check it out....




 Jeff looked at those picture and pointed out that they are quite possible the BEST before pictures ever. I mean really, it's can't get any worse than that right? Honestly, I'm a little embarrassed showing them. My defense: Luke and Alex have recently decided that the pantry is their favorite place to play since it has a swinging door, hours of entertainment apparently. And since I knew it was coming up on the challenge I pretty much gave up on picking up after them. It may also be possible that I just started tossing stuff in there since there was no chance of finding it's assigned place anyway. I know, I know, it's a pretty weak defense, but it's the only one I've got. 
  So, to the cleaning. I decided if I was going to do it I was going to do it right. When we moved it and renovated the kitchen we completely ignored the pantry. So I emptied it out:
(I just tossed everything into the kitchen...)
made Jeff paint it (I helped a little)
Then moved everything back in, in a MUCH more organized fashion.


As you can see, Luke has not stopped terrorizing it yet. He loves that he once again has ground to run on in there! And I have sooooooo much more room, look at how many empty shelves I suddenly have! Next week is the fridge, finally an easy one!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

IMPRESSIVE! And inspirational! :)

Julia said...

Thanks! It took no less than 5 days!