So.... it's possible that the last blog post was in May. Hmmm... sorry about that! I promise I'll try harder, be better, all those things. Anyway.. so it's the Christmas season. One of my daily goals is to create the Christmas spirit a little every day with my boys. Every morning this month we have my homemade advent calendar.
This hangs in the doorway between the living room and dining room and every day Alex gets a bag w/ a small prize inside, ending Christmas Eve. He loves it and I was hoping it would help him begin to comprehend lengths of time. It actually seems to be helping, when he asks if it's Christmas yet we look to see how many bags are left.
Every year my family rotates names for the brother/sister's family that we buy presents for that year. This year Nellie has us, and she decided to do the 12 days of Christmas. So also every morning Alex gets to open that days gift from Nellie. Today it was a small cast iron cookie kit. I'm pretty stoked about that one, I've been wanting one!
Today's Spirit of Christmas activity was decorating an Gingerbread Train. Yup, if you've met Alex you know how awesome the existence of a Gingerbread Train is.
Luke's contribution you ask? Making sure we finished off all the frosting of course.
And the finished product:
By the way Grandma Koch, we received your box today, Thanks! Merry Christmas!
Potato Salad
16 years ago





3 comments:
I love that grin!! So cute! And your advent calendar idea is awesome, too!
Thank you! It was the cheapest idea I could come up with. Making the actual typical advent calendar turned out to be expensive, plus whatever 'prize' you put inside. So I just decided to skip that step!
I absolutely LOVE this train -I want to make one too. Alex looks totally thrilled, and so does Luke:). Your 12 days idea is very cool! Thanks for updating us!
Post a Comment