Sunday, April 3, 2011

Historical Day!!

We got to see the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile!! Let me tell you how awesome that was. We only wished that they gave hot dogs out of it still, but alas they do not. So after we were done we had to go to Hot Diggity Dog and get a 99% grease hot dog with which to satisfy our cravings. Alex thought it was pretty much the greatest thing ever, and at the same time, was a little bit scared of it.
Alex looooooves him some baby Lucas. The only thing he likes more than crawling all over him and kissing his face off is when I take Luke upstairs to 'play' with Alex in his room. My large and in charge baby doesn't seem to realize that he is only 2 months old, thus he sits in a chair like a big boy, and Alex can't keep his grubby little paws off him. He says, over and over, "look mama! Baby Wookus is sitting in in in my, in in my, my chair!"
Jeff thought this pic was awesome. Apparently right before he took it Luke also had his bum in the air and it was adorable. But of course, babies are not good at posing for the camera, so he flopped down right as Jeff took the pic. I still like it because it is an incredibly accurate portrayal of where Alex can be found most times during the day, which is no more than 3 inches away from Luke.
This one is for you Grandma Koch. After we opened the quilt, Alex thought it was the coolest thing ever and had to be wrapped up in it. I told him to smile for the pic and this is what we got, which he thought was hilarious when I showed him the pic.
That's about all I have for now. Life is pretty boring around here, it's just homework, projects and little boys. Jeff is busy putting my basement together this weekend (we decided not to finish it, but just clean it up and make it usable) which is pretty exciting. I can finally get the huge pile of sewing stuff out of the corner by my dinner table! How awesome is that?? Also I decided that I am going to take the summer off from school so I am pretty stoked about that. Jeff does not. That's what he gets for deciding to be a career student.
Side note: there is a little run down house across the street from us that has been for sale for a while now, for about $50K if that gives you any idea how run down it is. Well, it finally sold and since they took down the for sale sign, at least a couple times a day someone drives by, gets out and walks around and looks in the windows, hang out for a little bit then drives away. We are not exactly sure what is going on, or who bought it. However, I would like to describe for you the very first person to perform this act, and he actually went in the house and then took pics outside so we are worried he is the new owner... the house is right across from the big picture window in our living room if you are thinking to yourself that we are crazy neighbors peeping out our blinds at this point. We don't mean to snoop, we just can't help it... anyway... let me describe this guy for you... Who has seen The Wedding Singer? Remember the side kick limo driver? That is pretty much the guy. He is probably 50-ish, polyester suit, Don Johnson hair-do, and (I'm not making this up) was driving an 80's, silver window tint, sparkly purple limo with a big pimpin wing on the back. Where do you even find a car like that?? I'm pretty excited to find out who my new neighbor is. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Your new neighbor sounds awesome! You will probably have constant entertainment out your front window, at least!

Sandy K. said...

The story of your new neighbor sounds like a person I saw while at a conference in Detroit. We went to Greek town for lunch, and sitting across the street from us was a rather dapper looking man in a VERY white suit, complete with top hat. Purple shirt. A few "women" sitting around him as he looked a bit kicked back and smug. Every once in a while a man would stop by the table and they'd chat, each man dressed similarly, though definitely not as showy as our prime suspect. It was an interesting lunch:)

And yes...the kids pics are fabulous. I stopped saying "smile" about this age. Started asking a question the kids could just respond to. The boys are adorbably - I hope the "buddy" thing keeps up. It would be the best!