Alright, here are some pics of our house so far. It seems I haven't taken one of the front on the house, so I will be sure and get that done and post one of those. This first is the missing chimney. It was an old closed off coal stove chimney that was leaking and causing the plaster to crack all the way down. Also it was smack in the middle of the wall that I wanted to rip out. So we ripped it out as well! Let me tell you, the day Jeff took it down it was SOOO windy! He may have been a scared little girl the whole time he was doing it.
This is the back of the house with the chimney still in tact. This picture actually does not do the house justice, the paint is WAY worse than it looks in this picture! :0)

Here is the super cool Coke kitchen. And this set of cupboards with the sink were the ONLY thing in the kitchen. No other cupboards, no appliances, nothing. Those are gone now, as well as the false ceiling that you can also see in this pic. The ceilings are actually 10' high, we are not sure why someone would put a drop on it... guess maybe it was cool 30 years ago....

Here is the wall seperating the kitchen from the... well we aren't really sure what this room actually is/was/will be. So we shall call it the.... dining room? Sure, that sounds good. It is also the entery to the house, the front door is on the wall that you can't see in the pic. Anyway, this is the wall I wanted ripped down.

And here it is mostly ripped down. That chunk in the center is the chimney. The chimney that was just poured concrete. A lot of concrete. It has since been removed (ask Jeff how much he LOVED that job...) and the support beams are being built as we speak so by the end of the day this should be one huge open space!!! That's the majority of what we have done so far, but I will continue to take/post pics as we keep working. Sorry it took me so long to get all of these posted (sandy...:) I am a bit of a slacker. I'll try to be better from now on.
This is the back of the house with the chimney still in tact. This picture actually does not do the house justice, the paint is WAY worse than it looks in this picture! :0)
Here is the super cool Coke kitchen. And this set of cupboards with the sink were the ONLY thing in the kitchen. No other cupboards, no appliances, nothing. Those are gone now, as well as the false ceiling that you can also see in this pic. The ceilings are actually 10' high, we are not sure why someone would put a drop on it... guess maybe it was cool 30 years ago....
Here is the wall seperating the kitchen from the... well we aren't really sure what this room actually is/was/will be. So we shall call it the.... dining room? Sure, that sounds good. It is also the entery to the house, the front door is on the wall that you can't see in the pic. Anyway, this is the wall I wanted ripped down.
And here it is mostly ripped down. That chunk in the center is the chimney. The chimney that was just poured concrete. A lot of concrete. It has since been removed (ask Jeff how much he LOVED that job...) and the support beams are being built as we speak so by the end of the day this should be one huge open space!!! That's the majority of what we have done so far, but I will continue to take/post pics as we keep working. Sorry it took me so long to get all of these posted (sandy...:) I am a bit of a slacker. I'll try to be better from now on.





4 comments:
What an exciting project! I'm sure it is an obscene amount of work, but just think of how awesome the end result will be!! I can't wait to keep up with the process and then see the before & afters! Congrats!
already this pic is out of date. Get it together yo.
Looks good, you two. Don't worry about posting constant updates:). I'm good with now-and-then. You guys have your hands full, for sure! Looking good:)
Speak for yourself, Mom. I want constant updates! ;)
Post a Comment